Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Our toshiba 32 in model32w1333db has stopped giving vision

Customer Question

Our toshiba 32 in model32w1333db has stopped giving vision or sound the on off button is still working on the remote control but nothing else can you advise please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Does any graphic appear on screen or does screen glow/ show backlight? 2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv was attached to sky and at first the sound came through but no picture then the sound stopped ,there is no light at all comeing through the tv is now separate from anything and is completely dead apart from the on off button
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have sound only no picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does menu screen come up when press menu button on TV remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can change channels but still no picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems backlight system failure and possible causes are either backlight inverter isn't providing volts to LED lights inside screen OR the main board isn't allowing backlights to turn On for some reason. I'm sorry it is hardware related failure and not a reset or wrong settings issue and replacement of power supply/ inverter board or main board in TV will help to resolve the problem. TV would need to take in local TV repair shop for further troubleshooting to determine which board is defective to get it replaced and you can expect 80 to 100 Pounds for this repair. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We no longer need your response please refrain from sending anymore e mail or we will not recommend your services
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please stop