Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony KDL 50W755C and I am currently experencing

Hello, I have a Sony KDL 50W755C and I am currently experencing problems with the TV after switching off via the remote. Following the turn off and after a period of time the LED light will illuminate, if you then turn on via the remote a station will be selected but with no sound. Following this the remote will not function and the only recovery that corrects the problem appears to be a reset (unplug from the mains). The next time you switch the tv off you have to go through the same routine again. Any ideas?
Best Regards
Mac
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mac, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Have you tried to update TV firmware/ software manually if TV isn't connected to internet?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid,
The TV is ~7 months old - still under guarantee!
I have had the problem for a number of weeks but the frequency of the problem seems to be increasing.
My TV is connected to the internet so all advised updates have been actioned.Cheers
Mac
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mac for the info, this kind of problem occurs due to failing EEPROM (memory) section on main board where booting process get stuck due to failure as EEPROM stores TV firmware and unplugging works to reset it temporarily. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you as Sony will replace main board of TV to resolve the problem. I'm afraid it is hardware related failure and not any reset/ wrong settings issue in TV, hardware failure requires defective board replacement to get it fixed. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.