Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic TV will not switch on the red light just keeps

Customer Question

My Panasonic TV will not switch on the red light just keeps flashing. I have turned it on and off from the mains and the actual TV but nothing is working.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.I want you to do this first pleaseCan you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardIt is still not working after I followed your instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Still the red light flashing correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how many flashes in a sequence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Board has failed sorry Natalie, this confirms it. It can be residue power but we have ruled this out.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really? It just suddenly went? Is there nothing else we can do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, its a hardware fault and the board needs to be replaced. When they go it is always sudden as with all electronica failures Natalie.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you