Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a samsung uhd tv ue40ju6500k. I have a panasonic dmp

I have a samsung uhd tv ue40ju6500k. I have a panasonic dmp bd 83. I have used an hdmi cable from the dvd to tv but it will not work. What is the problem?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeConnect the DVD to the TV via one of the HDMI port on the TV.Then on the TV remote press Source to switch between the TV source until you get to the source input you connected the DVD player on and you should then see it.Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After getting back home I tried all that you suggested. It still does not work. There is amessage that states there is a cable disconnection but I'll be darned if I know where is any cable connection to this DVD. there is only the HDMI connection and when I go to the device on the menu and click on it, nothing happens. I can hear the DVD trying to start and it will open and shut but will not play a disc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so to be clear Anthony, when you try to play a DVD on the player, it does not play it? Not if you can watch the film, but it wont even play the disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens except the dvd goes into the machine and thats all folks!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** then the DVD player being at fault, and why the TV does not detect it as its not even playing the disk.What's the make and model of the dvd drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
panasonic dmp-bd83. i bought it because it will play usa items as well as uk.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOn the DVD, hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds (so on the unit not the remote) and release which will start the reset.Then set it up again like when you first received it and tell me if at least then the DVD's start playing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a dvd in the machine. I go to the menu and select the hdmi port (3) to whihc the machine is plugged in. I press the play button and nothing happens. i have tried the edit selection but have not hit on anything that makes this unit play. Am I that stupid?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but did you do the instructions I just gave Anthony?