Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic Viera says that there is no DVB service found

My Panasonic Viera says that there is no DVB service found and to check my aerial or Local DVB service availability. I have checked all the connections and everything seems to be plugged in fine. I also went to DVB Auto setup and run it a couple of times but channels are still not showing up. What should I do ? Can you please help ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem still not solved. Message of check aerial or local DVB service availability still popping up.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it connected directly to your Areial or via a Setop box or DVD ect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is connected via a DVD recorder. I checked the instructions of Panasonic manual and it looks like the connections are fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you bypass the recorder please and connect to the TV directly to rule this out as the cause Let me know if this changes it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already tried that option before and result was the same. Should I then make a direct connection to the TV and repeat your first suggestion of unplug and wait 10 min ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes please, just to be 100% sure its not the recorder causing the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no changes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPress Menu button on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Setup menu and select Shipping Condition and press OK to restore default settings in TV as it is just out of box.Unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes, replug back in and turn it On to get Auto Setup screen then go through auto setup screen where TV will scan channels.Tell me if it then brings them up please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto Setup initiated automatically when I put the power back but still not bringing up any channels.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is either the internal tuner or the antenna or cable that has faulted. You will either need to connect another TV to this connection to rule this out, or if you have no other TV there, then a technician to test the antenna connection. If this is ok, then we know its the internal tuner in the TV that has faulted and in this case I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer