Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sharp LC46X20E - switch on TV and standby (red) light is flashing cannot

Sharp LC46X20E - switch on TV and standby (red) light is flashing
cannot activate screen
please advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does power light light blink in specific pattern?for example; fast 2 blinks then slow 2 blinks, pauses and repeats the same blink pattern?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light blinks at a constant rate
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is this OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** TV power cord from wall socket, wait 5 minutes, while holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys on the TV at once, plug in the AC power cord to turn on the power.Does the screen lit and letter “K” appears on the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came on and went off a few seconds after releasing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please try again, leave the buttons when TV turn On and check, does letter K appear on screen and TV stays ON?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unplugged tv and in 5 min waiting period
do I need to hold the keys depressed when the screen comes live
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys on the TV at once, plug in the AC power cord. It will turn on TV power.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
When TV turned On, release both buttons and check, does TV stay On or switches Off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv comes on for approx. 10 seconds then reverts back to original fault
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately TV symptoms indicate backlight failure and lamps inside display panel (the screen) aren't working which is causing the TV to shut down with flashing power light. Through above procedure we tried to bypass the protection circuitry to get the TV stay On but failed that means it is hardware failure (baklight lamps failure) and it needs entire screen replacement which would cost approx new TV price of same size. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money on this TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your assistance
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.