Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung gear2neo watch I have a message on the screen

Customer Question

I have a Samsung gear2neo watch I have a message on the screen that says I have to download a Samsung galaxy app on to my watc h in Samsung gear select the device you want to connect to but both screens are stuck at that will not move any ideas thanks alan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there Alan and welcomeTo check, your saying the screens are completely frozen, so there is no response at all?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes that's right
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, on both devices, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release and tell me please if they then start functioning again.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have tried this no response
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
so both devices do not turn off at all? They just remain on when doing this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes they do but when I put the power button back on I still have the same page stuck
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have tried this again and the watch is rebooting itself everytime .if I keep my finger on the power button it goes off and a page saying power off restart mute or outdoor use comes on hAVE TRIED TO PRESS THESE BUTTONS WITHOUT ANY LUCK
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok.... so you have both a Samsung gear2neo and a Samsung Gear and both these watches, after holding power for 60 seconds and release, both watches will not leave this screen.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a Samsung gear 2 neo watch which I am trying to get it to work with my Samsung galaxy smt310 mini phone
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks for the clarification. Can you get to settings at all? or nothing is responding, no matter what you do?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
my son downloaded the apps and that was what started the problem ps cant get settings on watch
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
If you do hold the power button for 60 seconds, does the screen go off?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have tried this and a page comes up Samsung gear 2 rebooting it then goes off and I am back to those pages that are stuck again
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** did not cause this It is the internal memory that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the watch to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I told my son what you said and he said that's not right because it worked ok on his mobile
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, then ask him to unfreeze the watch so it functions again if he says it is not right. He should see the fact it is not even responding to any commands proves what I say.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did get in touch with ee regarding my Samsung mobile and they said it was a Samsung problem and not theres
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I did not say it was an EE problem... Sorry Alan, I clearly explained the issue to you but your only replying to say its not an EE issue which I did not say it was, and that your Son says I am wrong because it worked before... I am not really sire how to response to these statements or what you expect me to say
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am just trying to tell you what I have tried without any luck ,I was hoping you could solve my problem
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I told you Alan what the problem it though....Ill again repeatIt is the internal memory that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the watch to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Richard my son would like to speak to you would it be ok for him to speak to you by phone is can you leave a telephone number thank you alan
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I have made the request Alan, If you accept it I can call him
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
waiting for a reply from my son
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok... well would be nice to know what your Son is basing this information on other then "it use to work" Alan..
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he tried it on his phone and it worked ok
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Alan, the screen is not responding at all on your watch so not sure what your referring to.We are not talking about his phone, we are talking about your watch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yes I was tryin to get my Samsung phone work with my Samsung watch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
his mobileworked with y Samsung watch mine doesnt
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Your watch is not even responding at all Alan.....You cannot even operate the screen.But sorry we have 3 times covered this and I cannot argue with your Son who is saying I am wrong because is DID work with his phone before.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he understands if t worked with his mobile to the watch why doesn't it work with mine
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok Alan