Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TV Model TX-L32D25BA and want to know if

I have a Panasonic TV Model TX-L32D25BA and want to know if I can use Amazon Fire TV Stick (the HDMI port does not seem to accept the HDMI connection of the Stick)
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is there another video source hooked to HDMI input of TV and working?- Have you plugged the supplied power cable as well in Fire Stick?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no other video source Hooked to HDMI port.
No I have not connected the power cable yet as the problem seems to be that the HDMI port is not compatible with the Stick
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
One more question, can you select the HDMI input in Source list of TV or its grayed out/ disabled where the Fire Stick is plugged into?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid, I can select HDMI Content Detection in settings and this was set to OFF have now set it to AUTO
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please go to Setup option of TV menu, select Display Settings then select Input Labels and select the HDMI-1 input (or whatever is hooked to Fire Stick) and give it a label as few would be available, this will enable the HDMI input of TV.Also connect supplied power cable into Fire Stick so it can work and TV would display the home screen of fire stick.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Alan, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Shahid, have complied as instructed (selected user input & labeled HDMI1 as Fire Stick} plugged the power cable to Fire Stick but am unable to plug the Fire Stick into the TV HDMI port. Can only hope that if I purchase the HDMI adaptor Cable that I will be able to be plug it into the TV HDMI port. I thought all HDMI connections were like USB connections and were compatible - obviously not
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Alan,There is an HDMI input located on side panel of TV and fire stick should be plugged directly in TV, that HDMI input would be labeled as HDMI-4 so change the label of it by going into Setup menu, connect the fire stick in it and plug the mini USB cable in fire stick so it can get power. You don't need HDMI Extender cable.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know where the HDMI input is on the side of the TV, have changed the HDMI1 to HDMI4 but although I know the Fire Stick should plug directly into the TV HDMI port it will not go in, I do not want to use excessive force, nor should I have to. Thats why I ask if all HDMI connections are compatible.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, HDMI port is a standard and you would find it exactly the same on every device that has HDMI input or output.If fire stick body is causing trouble to plug the HDMI jack into TV then Extender cable would help to resolve the issue and hopefully extender cable would be supplied with fire stick.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.