Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sony smart TV and I can't it has been working fine

I have a Sony smart TV and I can't it has been working fine for 4 months , then suddenly it lost its internet connection and now will not connect what do I do ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Do you get your wifi listed when TV search for network to connect?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is *****
I get the wifi list up , but it doesn't accept the password?
But everything that has internet in the house seems to be fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and put password?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just tried that it seemed to says connection is successful then you go to go on the internet or Netflix for example than says the internet service ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, though TV connected successfully with wifi yet no internet application works?Can you please recheck TV model number which seems incomplete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KdL65w857c
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** internet app work on TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, lets try to restore TV to default settings to get initial setup option as TV is just out of box to go through setup where network setup option will run fresh connection settings that might help to establish good connection with router.Press Home button on remote then select Settings then TV and Initial Setup and press OK to proceed.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately that didn't work completed the initial setup yet again it say I have a good connection then when you go to go on anything it loses signal
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, How far the TV is from router and does it show good signal strength?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just come thank it's very unusual shows good strength but would open anything it's come on now ,thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad to know all is set. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.