*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a TX- 37LZD70 TV which is a few years bold but we love

Customer Question

I have a TX- 37LZD70 TV which is a few years bold but we love it.
I have purchased a sound bar system SC-HTB20 to enhance the sound
The sound bar works great on a newer Panasonic TV we have but I can not get it to work on the older model
Although the 37LZD70 has a HMD1 socket it is not ARC
The techical booklet for the sound system tells me to use To use also a optical digital audio cable. Unfortunately there is no optical out socket on the TV does this mean the two devices are incompatible or is there some way round it. If I cannot get it to work I shall have to return the sound bar which is a shame.
John Winsper
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Yes, there is a work around for this however it will require another component. You will need to add an audio extractor that has the optical audio out socket.>Here is a link for you with the audio extractor<<Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does this device need to plug into the mains
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does my fee cover all queries in resolving this problem
yes, I will help you with this until you get it working properly.Yes that does require a power connection to your mains.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks I will order Audio extractor plus optical digital cable plus power supply ( I already have a HMD! cable ) and hopefully it will all work
John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Units arrived but I am confused whether the tv plugs into the HMD1 input or the HMD1 output on the audio converter
Do I need to connect the HML lead AND the optical lead
Regards John
You will need to connect the HDMI out from your video source (sat.box etc..) to the HDMI input on the audio extractor, then connect your tv HDMI input to the HDMI output on the audio extractor. The extractor just connects between your TV and video source.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Going back to my original question I am attempting to connect up a sound bar a panasonic home theatre audio system
SC-HTB 20. I expected the audio extractor to connect between the the TV and the sound bar. I do not understand the connection to the video source (sat box ) I do have a sky box does this complicate things?
John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have connected the TV HDM1 2 to the HDM1 output on the audio extractor(as you advised) and the HDM1 out to the sound
bar but to no avail I also tried the optical output . My sound bar works perfect on a later tv with ARC. It appears that that my tv HDM1 is not compatable with the audio converter
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I note you have answered my last two queries about the connecting up the device you recommended.
The total cost to me with your fee has been £40 and I am nowhere nearer a solution than when I started. I shall not be using your services again and not recommending to anyone else.