nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

How do I extend the ringing time on my phone, which usually

How do I extend the ringing time on my phone, which usually stops before I can get to answer it! Its a KX-TGA110 EX S
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Does it include an answering machine system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
The phone disconnects after it stops ringing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, Nathan. I'm retired, a pensioner. I can't afford any more money! My number's 01234 853000 if it helps. No the problem is very simple. I OFTEN cannot reach the phone before it stops. The phone works perfectly. I just don't have the instruction manual to extend the ring-tone time!
Roger, the option for changing the ringing time is only available in phone systems which have a answering machine. The number of rings depends on the count set by the network operator after which the call automatically disconnects. So there is no option to change that. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, I don't have an integral answering machine - but I DO use the TalkTalk answer service. I THOUGHT one could extend the ring time before the message service clicks in - but perhaps, as you say, this is determined by TalkTalk? My distant memory from the manual many years ago is that the ring-time was adjustable...
If you are using TalkTalk answering service then you can try this.On the handset press Menu (top middle soft key)Press # ***** 1 1Scroll down to select the desired number for rings (Max will be between 7 to 9 depending on model)Press OK (top middle soft key) to save the setting.
The maximum time is 21-sec for TalkTalk (i.e. not more than 6 rings).But if you disable the talktalk voice mail then the phone will ring until the caller hangs up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No middle button! I can get 'SETTING HS' & 'SETTING BS'...! We're getting nowhere, aren't we.
Ah, I've just read your further advice. I can't do without the TalkTalk answer service. It looks as though I'm lumbered, doesn't it. Thanks for your patience, Nathan.
Roger, just call talktalk and ask them to disable the voice mail service as the ring time cannot be increased beyond 21-sec limit which is too small or ask them to set it to maximum 21-sec. You have two options. Choose them as they suit you. If you need manual of your phone then YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.I hope you are satisfied with my service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for doing your best, Nathan. When I can summon up the emotional energy I'll try and contact TalkTalk. Do you have the dedicated number by any chance?: I'll click to downloads the manual after your reply.
Yes you can download the manual. I am sorry Roger but I am not allowed to give my number. Do not forget to rate the service POSITIVELY as I will not get credited for my services till you rate it. (For rating the chat, you need to click the stars present on the upper panel).This link will be active for 5-6 days. If you find any difficulty then reply here, I will provide you necessary assistance. Thanks in advance. Do rate the chat. Cheers!Regards Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant do you have the appropriate TalkTalk tel no! Thanks, though. You've been very clear and concise. That's 5 star service!
Oh, that was funny. The customer care number for TalkTalk is 0203 441 55500844(###) ###-####hanks for the ratings.