michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My printer HP Envy 4520 has been installed but I am not

Customer Question

My printer HP Envy 4520 has been installed but I am not able to print from my hp laptop.
Not sure what the problem is. The test pages are printed but when I open a document and try to print nothing is printed. The printer is set as the default printer in my settings.
Please could you help.
Thanks,
Rika
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.how is the printer connected to the computer wired usb or wireless.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is wireless. Sorry I had to go out but will be back within the hour.
not a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, am back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a password ***** the router. Not sure if this could be the problem. I was never asked to enter a password ***** I set up the printer
you would need the password ***** the router to connect the printer to get it on the wifi.
Are you chatting with me on a computer which is connected to the same wireless router then i can remote connect and pull the router password ***** you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, am chatting from a computer connected to the same wireless router
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, please it is connected but still not working
it has windows 10 or 7 or a Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the HP Network configuration page I printed it says "Internet-Not connected"
do you want me to remote connect and pull the password ***** you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please, I have entered the password ***** the wireless on the printer so not sure why it is still not working
dont worry i will install and make the printer work on wireless network.
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience: Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, not sure if I you sent the request for a phone call or whether I clicked on something
Let me know your phone number i will call you and then will connect to the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
+447841679330
ok..will call you
click here for remote connection
Customer hi michelle this sidemichelleclive: i am now connectedmichelleclive: Mam you there?michelleclive: mam you there?Guest: yesmichelleclive: we need to enter the wireless password ***** the printer, i will give you the steps and the password ***** enter.Guest: okmichelleclive: Turn on the printer if it is not already on.On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .The Wireless screen displays.Touch the Settings icon .(picture of a wheel\gear)Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.michelleclive: router password *****: lie-mock-eagerGuest: ok, it says connection successfulGuest: on the printermichelleclive: ok good let me take over nowmichelleclive: mam you theremichelleclive: chcek for pin on the printer screen and then enter it hereGuest: yesGuest: yesmichelleclive: did you find the pin on the printer screenGuest: yesGuest: will enter nowGuest: sorry it says time has run outGuest: and disappearedmichelleclive: be a bit quick this time i will retryGuest: okmichelleclive: thksGuest: ok enteredmichelleclive: thnksmichelleclive: Did it print a test pagemichelleclive: ??Guest: yes, has been printmichelleclive: great let me print something from your document and email just to make sure we are good then i can disconnect the remote session.michelleclive: can you open justanswer email
Customer hi michelle this sidemichelleclive: i am now connectedmichelleclive: Mam you there?michelleclive: mam you there?Guest: yesmichelleclive: we need to enter the wireless password ***** the printer, i will give you the steps and the password ***** enter.Guest: okmichelleclive: Turn on the printer if it is not already on.On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .The Wireless screen displays.Touch the Settings icon .(picture of a wheel\gear)Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.michelleclive: router password *****: lie-mock-eagerGuest: ok, it says connection successfulGuest: on the printermichelleclive: ok good let me take over nowmichelleclive: mam you theremichelleclive: chcek for pin on the printer screen and then enter it hereGuest: yesGuest: yesmichelleclive: did you find the pin on the printer screenGuest: yesGuest: will enter nowGuest: sorry it says time has run outGuest: and disappearedmichelleclive: be a bit quick this time i will retryGuest: okmichelleclive: thksGuest: ok enteredmichelleclive: thnksmichelleclive: Did it print a test pagemichelleclive: ??Guest: yes, has been printmichelleclive: great let me print something from your document and email just to make sure we are good then i can disconnect the remote session.michelleclive: can you open justanswer emailmichelleclive: print something and confirm.Guest: it has not printedGuest: when i select print nothing happensmichelleclive: let me checkmichelleclive: did it print the testpageGuest: yes it did, thanksGuest: not sure why printing from the browser does not workmichelleclive: open the doc you want to printmichelleclive: pleae waitmichelleclive: it will print nowmichelleclive: the pdf application was not installedmichelleclive: let me know if it printed or notGuest: yes, it is printing!Guest: Thank you so much!michelleclive: you are welcome\michelleclive: anything else i may help you withGuest: no, that is great, thanksGuest: let me know and I will write an online thanks!Guest: this has been giving me a headache since yesterdayGuest: and i am not very technological so did not know how to go about even lookingmichelleclive: before we end the session let me open the just answer page\michelleclive: you may leave a feedback for my service in the boxmichelleclive: i will now end the session..bye