Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Samsung UE40D6350 Smart 3D TV. Powering on causes an intermittent

Customer Question

Samsung UE40D6350 Smart 3D TV. Powering on causes an intermittent 'relay' click with the tv splash screen flashing on and off. The remote will not switch the TV off it requires to be unplugged!
The fault occurred whilst watching a program after TV had been on for 2 hours.
Pete
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Main board lockup. I doubt your standby voltage is low from the power supply to cause this cycling, it's only 3.3 or 5 volts, depending on the type of microprocessor they installed in this model.There's a PON wire on the Power supply board that powers up 95% of the power supply board along with that relay...that's the main board turning on the power supply. You'll likely see that voltage switching between 0 Volt and either 3.3 or 5 volts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So are you telling me that the main board requires replacing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apart from the fact that you have not replied to my previous post. You have certainly not helped with resolving the problem on the TV. A total waste of £22.oo - £ 5.50 a line with absolutely no help what-so-ever.
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just got home. I actually work on TV sets and sometimes I work on Saturdays. Today was one of those Saturdays. If you want to get the correct board for your TV set, you'll need to remove the TV's back cover. A 40 incher isn't hard to remove. Do you want more information and get your TV fixed, or do you want your money back? I get a feeling you have already closed your mind to getting it fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate a refund being a pensioner I cannot afford to fritter money