Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have had to exchange two PANASONIC TX-48CX400 48" Smart 3D

I have had to exchange two PANASONIC TX-48CX400 48" Smart 3D Ultra HD 4k LED TV which kept on switching itself off and the power light on the tv seems to be not functioning properly. Could you advise if there was a previous problem with this TV as I am in the process of having the tv picked up tomorrow so that Curry;s can take a look and ascertain why this is constantly occurring. First bought the tv back in Oct 2015 Many Thanks Tony M
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Tony and welcomeThis is a bit of a coincidence to have two TV's do this. Where they both using the same power board? Or was it directly connected into the power socket? And did you try a different power socket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both plugged into differing power sockets to ascertain whether there was a problem from my end (same outcome). The crazy thing is that it was the same TV so my assumption is that the power boards are similar.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ah, if it was the same TV then that makes sense. Either they gave you a bad power board, they did not connect all connections securely or it may be the mainboard causing this by processing the power on / off signal to the power board.Once thing though, does it stay on long enough to navigate the menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV works fine for a period of time then for some reason the power is lost. Additionally, it seems that the remote freezes at interval moments (i.e. no functions are available even though the batteries have been changed for new ones). In my opinion, I think there may have been a batch of faulty TV's and I seem to have unfortunately purchased one and am caught up with the issue of trying to get this rectified.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also stays on long enough to navigate through all the menus
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If the remove is freezing, it points to the mainboard that is at fault. They replaced the power board but this was not at fault so why you keep getting the issue.But first as I want you to reload the firmware, go to Menu, Install and Return, First Time installation which returns it to new.Setup the TV again and tell me if you still get the issue please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard- I have tried that on both TV's on numerous occasions to see if this recites the issue but am left with the same outcome. Its pretty frustrating albeit Curry's have been pretty good so far (I purchased an extended 5 year warranty at the time of purchase) and have told the engineer that I have been speaking to unleash this issue is rectified- I will be looking to purchase a different model completely (i.e. moving away from the Panasonic range)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it all points to the mainboard, so when they take it from you again, I would advise you to inform them the TV also freezes and that the powerboard has been replaced.They should then understand it is the mainboard here that is at fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input- I'll advise as noted and keep you updated on the outcome.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcomeIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats good to know that someone is available at the end of the line.