*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Sony Bravia 42w829B, when watching movies from Amazon

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia 42w829B, when watching movies from Amazon it has black borders top and bottom. All other tv shows including Amazon are shown full screen. I have tried many times to enlarge the screen size but to no avail. Is there a solution to this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Most of the Amazon prime movies sre in their original format which is WIDESCREEN. The will cause the black bars at the top and bottom of the scren. Those movies are filmed in that WIDESCREEN format, which is NOT in a 4:3 (FULL SCREEN) ratio. Movies have typically been filmed in the WIDESCREEN format where the image actually is much wider than it is tall. You can choose to view in full screen however it will not display properly on the screen. The screen will be you will not have the complete picture, you will not be able to see the movie pictures edges.