Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I can't change channels using my remote (which has been checked

I can't change channels using my remote (which has been checked and is OK)? There is a light on the right hand side of the skybox, but it doesn't seem to react to the remote. Please can you advise me. Many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Are you certain that the remote is the correct one for that box and that it is programmed to.give commands to that box? If it is a universal remote you may have to program it to work with that box. If you can provide the model number of the remote and the box, I will do my best to find the information on both for you to help you find out. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael
I'm so glad to hear from you, thanks. In answer to your remote queries - I've been using the same remote for the past couple of years - no problem. Tuesday pm I shut down the TV before going to bed - all as normal. Then yesterday morning discovered current fault for no apparent reason. Have checked that all connections are intact and checked batteries in the remote - all fine.
Am afraid I'm an elderly pensioner, not very techno savvy, slow ractions etc ... but feel sure with your patience and guidance we can solve this problem. Of course, funds are limited, and so if we can manage without additional costs - this would be such a relief and score you lots of points.
Over to you Michael. Kind regards. Christine