Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Epson XP-422 is printing horizontally in strips approx.

My Epson XP-422 is printing horizontally in strips approx. 1cm deep and missing strips about 1.5cm. This problem started when printing from the Scottish Power website.
Help....
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome JohnWhat I would like you to do please is a deep clean on the printer to clean the heads.To do this Press the home button, Press the left or right arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button. Press the up or down arrow buttons to select Maintenance and press the OK button. You see this screen: Press the up or down arrow buttons to select Head Cleaning and press the OK button. You see this screen: Press the start button to begin the cleaning cycle.Caution:Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.The power light flashes throughout the cleaning cycle and stays on green when the cleaning cycle is finished. You see this screen: Select Nozzle Check and press the OK button to run a nozzle check to confirm that the print head is clean.If not, repeat 4 times and tell me if after this you get the stripes removedLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
Thank you very much. The printer is now working correctly
John Haynes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome JohnIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you