Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sony bravia kdl-37ex401 sky engineer says hd ports have

sony bravia kdl-37ex401 sky engineer says hd ports have blown (after electricity cut) we can receive sky via scarth cable but this means we cant get hd - can hd ports be replaced?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Brenda and welcomeFirst I want to ensure the ports have indeed failed. What happens when you connect the Skybox to aHDMI port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sky did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but what exactly happened Brenda? No signal message? Blank screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it was a fuzzy screen - sorry sky engineer dealt with it as I had called him out - he said hd ports were not working so connected to sky via scarth cable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I would have liked to confirm this myself but the only way to replace them is to replace the mainboard Brenda that they connect to.You are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you