*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Viera TX-26LXD70 and it refuses to tune in, HD channels.

Customer Question

I have a Viera TX-26LXD70 and it refuses to tune in, HD channels. Standard definition digital is no problem. Software is claimed to be up to date. I have tried manual tuning, to no avail. Can you suggest what to do? ***@******.***
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What type of source are you using for HD channels?Did they work previously or is this a new set up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freeview aerial. This is also connected to another TV (via an aerial splitter) and there are no problems with this other TV. No previous problems - started when HD channels changed to 101, 102 etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts yet?
try this first please>Step 1Press menu on your box or TV remote control.Step 2Now select set-up, installation, update or similar option. If you’re asked for a password ***** default code is 1234 or 0000.Step 3Now select the ‘first time installation’ option (sometimes called ‘factory reset’, ‘full retune’ or ‘default settings’). Press ‘OK’ if your equipment asks if it is OK to delete existing channels. This will clear your existing settings and find the new channel line-up. If prompted then save the channels that are found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try your suggestions and come back in ten minutes or so.
okay, sounds good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no joy! Went to reset, extinguished all channels, and retuned. Standard digital channels all there, but no HD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any further suggestions? I thought I could ring Panasonic and ask them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not had any reply to above two questions. Will rate your service when you respond!
okay, sorry about that. The Audio extractor has to be connected between the video source and the tv. Which ever source you are using needs to be connected to the input and the tv to the output. Then connect the soundbar with the audio optical cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the mail today. I think , in your last advice "The audio extractor......" you might have been inadvertently answering somebody else's query. It seems to have no connection with my problem. However, I now have the answer. I contacted Panasonic - which I should have done in the first place, and they say that my particular TV will not receive HD on Freeview. It does receive standard Digital channels, ie in standard resolution. I bought this TV 8 years ago. From 2010, the same model is fitted with an HD receiver. My only remedy is to either buy an up to date TV, or get a HD tuner and connect it probably via HDMI. Anyway, thanks for your trying!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for only 3 stars - the problem was partly of my making! (See above). I am happy to leave the £20 with you for this reason, but please do not enter me for your continuing service. Regards, Harold.