*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Galaxy Note 3. I have locked my phone and the password ***** put

Galaxy Note 3.
I have locked my phone and the password ***** put into the phone last night is now not being recognised. I cannot use the phone? any help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a Google email account connected to the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Okay, thank you.you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung.If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.Then press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.Press the Power button.The phone will now wipe all contents.Press the Power button.The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen. Then you can sign in with your Google account and restore your phones contents. Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not work, Android Devise Manager seems to be only able to lock the phone and says phone already locked new password ***** necessary. I think they wiped all my data anyway
Okay, unfortunately those are the only options. You can however restore the data using the Google account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have rebooted the phone now just waiting, I am looking at the Samsung logo screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I restore my data?
On the initial activation set up screens, the phone will ask you for that email and password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has only got 3 names in my address book how do I retrieve the complete list
okay, do you have a different account that you may have used to back up your contacts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes with google
okay, From a Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower right). From the Apps tab, tap Settings.Tap Backup and reset.Tap Back up my data to enable or disable. Enabled when a check mark is present. If Back up my data is disabled, existing backups are deleted from Google servers.Tap Backup account.Tap the appropriate account or enter the correct account.Tap Automatic restore to enable .
Did that work for you?