Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have tried to use my set top box (you view) and all goes

I have tried to use my set top box (you view) and all goes well until it reads "nearly ready" but then remains fixed. When this happens I am unable to return to the orange light with my remote. I managed to get to SkySports 1 earlier today
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the set top (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the Set top, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youRichard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - I have done as you suggested - the YouView box responded to the remote control and the screen reads "YouView nearly ready" and has been for at least the last 5 minutes - but, once again, it is not responding to the remote and will not switch off. Incidentally, perhaps I should explain that I am 88 years of age and live in sheltered accommodation but entirely independently. Thanks for you help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you It is the internal memory that has faulted in the Youvuew box that has faultedI am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcomeIf you need anything else, please let me knowAnd please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am credited.Thank youRichard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me. Was that a mistake? With respect, negative ratings only hurt experts here by reflecting negatively and can keep us from assisting other customers. They should be used for when an expert is rude or the information provided was wrong. While you may not like the answer I provided, it was correct, and I stand by it. If you need clarification or additional information about my answer I will be happy to provide it. Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. Thank you for your email and all the assistance you have given me over the last few days. Acting on your advice I am now intending to purchase a new set top box and start all over again. I have amended your star rating and can only apologize for my stupid error in giving you a poor rating - sorry! My only excuse is that I am 88 years of age and so sometimes prone to errors. I hope I am forgiven. Sincerely, *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Of course you are Ken! and its very appreciated you changed it.Any issues with the new box, setting it up ect, let me know pleaseThank youRichard