Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My JVC TV will not turn on. The blue light comes on and goes

Customer Question

My JVC TV will not turn on. The blue light comes on and goes again
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- How old is it and how long it have had the problem?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** It was bough 3 yrs ago have only had problem last two weeks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've tried that. I've also tried unplugging for 10 mins then plugging back in and then holding in menu and vol- button and before releasing press power but still does not work. Strangely if I leave it alone for 12 hours it switches on ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does it turn On if leave it alone while power cord plugged in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If I just leave it plugged in and leave it for about 12 hours I can then trn it on OK
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems problem is with power supply board in TV and probably capacitors are failing or few resistors have been devalued and causing the problem. I'm sorry for this news as it is hardware related issue and requires power supply board replacement in TV which will help to fix the problem. It doesn't look like any wrong setting or reset problem and TV should be serviced by local TV tech to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I have solved the problem. I have a virgin media TiVo box. When I eventually got my TV to turn on again I checked the settings on my TiVo box and turned energy saving off. Since then all has been ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad to know that problem is resolved, it is strange that Tivo box is causing the TV to stay Off.Have nice time!Shahid.