Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic smart to that will not tells me I need Internet

I have a Panasonic smart to that will not tells me I need Internet connection to access the apps. I've went through the connection set up again successfully but it still won't connect to Netflix etc. It was working fine earlier
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there another way to get the model number as TV is wall mounted?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
TX48AX630B
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Yes, please check TV user manual copy if still around.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it's the TX48AX630B
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** tried any other app in TV instead of Netflix?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it won't open any app. It says "Your TV needs an Internet connection for you to enjoy Apps and services"
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
OK, when you go through quick-setup under menu > Network > Network Connection, is the wizard finished successfully to establish wifi connection?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes it shows a diagram of TV to Router to Internet all connected. It says "Connection to the Internet was successful" I then click exit and try the apps and it comes up with previous message
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
This is odd, after successful connection TV should work - Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I switch it off at the socket as TV is wall mounted and can't access power cord?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Sure, all it needs to cut the AC supply to TV for few minutes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok it's off now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How long should I leave the power off for?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Nice, wait 10 minutes, replug back in and check wifi internet connection on TV and run any application.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Will you still be here in 10 minutes?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Yes, I'm online and with you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its still coming up with same message
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
OK, how long TV been not working for internet apps?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was working a few hours ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
This is odd, is it possible for you to access your Netflix account through PC as a test to check if it works and you get video streaming through PC?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Netflix works on my tablet
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
OK, it seems Panasonic server is down/ has gone under maintenance that works for builtin apps in TV. I would recommend to try again after couple of hours. Server works as hub and TV app directly goes to that hub server to connect to website.Does it make sense?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So it affects all Panasonic smart TVs at the moment?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
Correct, another Panasonic customer from UK is also having same issue.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yea indeed. A friend is having the same trouble with his. Thank you
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.
If I recall correctly, few months back Samsung had similar issue and we got many many Samsung customers asking my Samsung TV isn't working, that situation went around 12 hours then all got set. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.