Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have panasonic smart tv. It says its connected to the net

I have panasonic smart tv. It says its connected to the net but when i go to an app it says its not and asks me to reconnect again. can you help. thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Phone call may not help at this early stage, could you please reply with TV model number info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid
Thanks for your help.
Its a TX39a500b. I have carried out a factory reset and the sky unit is downloading content... so no issues with the net.Read something about apps going through a Panasonic server...... ??? would that make sense? Thanks Paul
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul,Thanks for the info. Was TV working fine before with same router? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes - no issues at all. The connection is strong and its says its connected and has internet access. If you then try to access an app it says you need to be connected to the net; you look and you are connected! and then you click on app again and go around in a circle... my daughter watches Netflix mostly and that's how we found the problem but it appears to be the same across all apps. Thanks Paul
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it seems Panasonic server is down/ has gone under maintenance that works for builtin apps in TV. I would recommend to try again after couple of hours. Server works as hub and TV app directly goes to that hub server to connect to website.Does it make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ie the apps go via Panasonic if I connect to them? (Poor show by them if that's the case- ive spent two hours on it !). Did you actually find out yourself that the server is down or is that your theory? Thanks again. Paul
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Paul, I can't access to that server and it is my theory, another Panasonic customer from UK has exactly same issue right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but the apps on my tv go via that server?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
That's correct and that is the reason you get issue only with Panasonic TV builtin app, I hope you would get Netflix video streaming through another video device such as tab or PC and if Netflix works fine then it is definitely Panasonic hub server problem that will be fix in few hours. If I recall correctly, couple of months back there was shutdown of Samsung server and we had lots of questions where customer ask Samsung TV isn't working.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay ( they should tell you this is a potential problem!). Thanks for your help. Best Paul
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand and I hope they are working on server issue to get it fix that may take several hours. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech