Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a new Epson L555 Printer yesterday. I could have

I bought a new Epson L555 Printer yesterday. I could have sworn that I completed the Ink charging stage. But now I find the ink is not flowing and it will not print images.
Can I repeat the charging process?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there Winston and welcomeWhat exactly happens when you try to print? Are you getting a specific error?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. It shows Printing and paper then slides through without any images.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ThanksCan you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can see that the ink is not flowing from the containers through the tubes from the tank and that is the problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Done! Test page printed and again there was no image just a Blank. The ink is not flowing, so how do I charge it up?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
There is no way to "charge it up" Winston...Remove the cartridges and check that the plastic is still not on them from the packaging.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The L555 does not have the cartridges you appear to refer to , as for Inkjet printers. There are four plastic drums that had to be filled with liquid Ink, which I did. there are long tubes leading into the Printer from these drums at the side. At an early stage in the Set Up process I had to complete an automatic 'Charging Ink' action to get the ink flowing through those tubes, which I did.
But the ink does not flow as it is supposed to do and therefore there is no image. Are you familiar with the L555?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
yes, and I wanted you to check on them (you call them drums I call them cartridges) for any of the packing on itdid you check this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, There was no packing on the, just the removable lids for pouring the ink. All plastic strips holding moveable parts in place were removed before string up. But there was no packing on the Ink Tanks or the tubes leading from them. I call them 'Ink Tanks' because that's what the Booklet calls them!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, look at the choke valve like in this photoClick me to openIs it open?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes. It is set pointing upwards to the Printer logo .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
For what it's worth, I just wondered whether there was a way of repeating the 'Charging Ink' stage of setting up. I formed the impression that at that stage the ink would be forced through and maybe it did not work. surely, that can't be it because how else could open get that inertia at this later stage?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, did you complete step 3 as listed here?https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/l555__/l555__bb.pdf
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do forgive me Richard for the delay, my computer crashed on me and I have been trying to get back onto the Internet!!
Yes, I completed the whole of Section 3 particularly serial 10 and waited for the 20 minutes. It all seemed fine from the dial Window, but I have to say that I did not physically check the Tanks or tubes at that stage. The Set up continued, which I understood would not have been possible if the Ink had a problem, so I still did not guess there was a problem until later.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
no problem WinstonJust to be sure though you see there is ink in the tanks correct? They are full?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes! I filled them up for the first time yesterday and have not been able to print since, so they are full alright.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, go through steps 3 and 4 again as per the instructions on the link I gave.Does it then print?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have gone a full cycle. I had wanted to do just that before I called you! The problem is that the electronic display window is now stuck onj the stage after Initialising is complete and shows details on Copies. I do not know how one can return to the earlier stages under Section 3, setting date and time and country and so on before getting to the next stage of 'Ink Charging'
That was why I came to you, I just don't know if that is possible with the electronic 'given' and if so how to do it?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
sorry about delay, getting master reset procedure but its taking time to download
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My turn to be magnanimous and forgive you, Richard! That sounds quite p;remising and I am excited. I will come back to check later.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, finally came through!But you need to use the control panel for this, click this link and follow the steps to reset allClick me to openAre you able to do this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes, Richard, I am able to do that and had tried it before. It allows me to reset Fax and so on but it really does not solve the problem of the Ink flow. MAYbe, I should go back to Staples tomorrow and do a face2face. I might also contact Epson UK to see if they can help.Thank you for spending so much time with me. I regret that I still have a problem that has not been solved and hope tomorrow will bring me better results. I guess this marks then end of this session?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
It resets the entire printer so it should now take you through the setup process again, it did not do this Winston?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not really, Richard. Please can I come back to you tomorrow with a possible stronger approach as I am now feeling a bit 'inadequate!' I'm still hopeful I can use my new printer soon!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
There is nothing else left to do Winston, it should now be working, we confirmed everything.I advise you as its new, to return it and they will replace it under warranty. This printer should in no way given so many problems, there is a fault with it.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer