Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Good Afternoon, Dear Sirs, Customer Ref No:(###) ###-#### I

Good Afternoon,
Dear Sirs,
Customer Ref No:(###) ###-####
I purchased my Epson Stylus Photo RX640 Inject Printer 22 August 2007 at a cost of £168.54, together with peripherals which totalled £300.00. For the first time I am now experiencing a problem in that I manage to print one page, or sometimes half of one page, of a report before the printer dialogue window advises of a 'problem, switch off printer and contact dealer'. All the lights around the 'Mode' wheel flash simultaneously. Having spoken to Lea, one of your colleagues, the other day she advised to switch off the printer, raise the top and push the carriage to the extreme right-hand side until it clicks. Replace top and switch printer on. This does indeed rectify the problem. However, as mentioned earlier, the printer is only printing half a page, or a full page, before the dialogue window advises of 'problem, switch off printer etc.'.
Does something in the printer need lubricating in order for the carriage to return to the extreme right-hand side? Or does the printer need a new part?
Please advise.
Yours faithfully,
Marilyn Walder
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Marilyn and welcomeFirst can you do this pleaseCan you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I have just unplugged the power to the printer and will now wait until 1400 hrs. Will you still be on line?
Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will be here waiting Marilyn.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Richard, I have just re-connected printer to power socket and switched on printer. Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youNow try to print and tell me how it now functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, just give me a little time
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,Printer has frozen up again, not even printed quarter of first page.Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard in the printer that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard for your help. However, the company I bought it from SOS Office Supplies has gone out of business I think in that they are no longer in Llangefni (Isle of Anglesey, North Wales). I would imagine the warranty has expired by now as it was August 2007 when I bought the printer. Does this mean that I shall have to buy a new one?Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes sorry Marilyn, though getting 9 years of use was very good, the average is 5, so you did well with this one!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, do you know which Epson printer is the modern day equivalent? Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They have progressed since then and gotten a lot cheaper.I would advise on the Epson WorkForce WF-2650WFHas all the functionality of your previous one and you can get it hereClick me to openI would advise on this one Marilyn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks Richard it looks okay. However, can I insert a ream of paper at a time, or almost a ream? I take it is scans as well as copy etc,Marilyn
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, nearly an entire ream will go into it.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you