Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TV model L32X10BA and have just purchased

I have a Panasonic TV model L32X10BA and have just purchased a Panasonic PVR model DMR-HWT150. When switching both devices on, the PVR is not automatically recognised by the TV and I have to manually select HDMI3 by pressing the AV button. How do I automate the recognition?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you turned On Viera Link feature in TV and PVR?This feature will work to get TV on required HDMI input quickly when turn On PVR.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the Viera link is turned on for both the TV and the PVR
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV and PVR box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, make sure HDMI cable is plugged securely and tight and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try it now
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time, I would recommend to try another HDMI cable as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have one hdmi cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it ok to switch on now?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sure, please go ahead and turn On the TV then turn On PVR, if Viera Link is enable in PVR then TV should go to HDMI input automatically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have switched the tv and pvr on
the tv says "no signal"
The pvr light is green
But no joy
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press Play button on PVR to playback, does it help to change the input of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have pressed play on the pvr remote.
The pvr light flashes green to indicate that the request has been received.
But the tv still displays "no signal"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore last
I pressed play on the pvr remote and the pvr channel displayed for one second
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv currently displays "no signal"
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, there are few possible causes, either Viera Link is disabled in PVR machine OR HDMI cable isn't high speed so please check settings menu of PVR to make sure Viera Link is enabled and try another HDMI cable.I would also recommend to check TV setup menu for Viera Link option as this is the only way to switch the TV to required input and also turn On or Off the TV power and high speed HDMI cable works good to achieve the task.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreed, this is odd.
The hdmi cable used is the one supplied with the pvr
I have checked the settings on the tv and pvr and the Viera link is on in both cases
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, it seems PVR Video Output has set on high resolution and TV is unable to process it.Lets reset the video output resolution in PVR, while the PVR is On, press and hold OK, Yellow and Blue buttons on remote at same time for 5 seconds, the INFO1 indicator on PVR will flash.Press Play button repeatedly until the REC and INFO2 indicators on PVR start flashing, press and hold OK button for 4 seconds to restore the PVR to default video resolution settings.Some times you would need to set the Deep Color Output option Off in PVR settings menu.Please replay back how it worked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this now
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, since TV displayed PVR channel for a second that means TV has switched On correct video input but due to high video signal resolution it shows No-Signal message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hdmi video format options are
576p / 480p
720p
1080i
1080p
automatic
which setting should I choose?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Try 720p or 1080i please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried what you suggest and have also tried the other options under the video menu and also have tried disabling the "deep colour". But on pressing play the tv still flashes for a second then reverts to "no signal".
in the one second window when the pvr is recognised by the tv, a small menu saying "no title" is displayed
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No Title?Did you put any disc in PVR to playback?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no because the pvr has no dvd player
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv also has 2 scart ports with nothing plugged into them
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, how did you get PVR setup menu on TV while having no-signal display?This is confusing me now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 Panasonic remotes and they work interchangably with both the pvr and the tv
Pressing "Viera Tools" on the TV remote will display the Viera link control menu. Then pressing this menu will display the function menu in the PVR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i want to display the set up menu on the tv, I press the "menu" button on the tv remote
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, does PVR has some recordings and does TV display picture when playback those recordings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get a continuous sync with the tv and pvr by pressing the AV button and selecting hdmi3.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I do not want to do this every time. The tv and pvr need to sync automatically
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, HDMI connection setup should provide this facility, can you try the PVR along with same HDMI cable to another Panasonic TV as a test?If PVR works fine to other TV then it would be simple a mismatch and I would suggest to check TV firmware version, if has older version then update it, click following Panasonic link to proceed with how to check firmware version and download update version and how to install..http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/tv/download/fw/europe/down_eux21.htmlThanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have one tv so can't do that. I have downloaded the latest software updates on both the pvr and the tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so firmware are up to date, we left with couple of options to narrow down the issue, try another HDMI cable and test the PVR to different Panasonic TV, I know you can't try it right now but try it in your convenient time to see how it goes.If PVR works fine on different TV then it will confirm that this TV isn't compatible for desired function OR different HDMI cable should work as we have tried all possible ways so far.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give you a good rating but what concerns me is the risk of not being able to cancell the ongoing $37/month after we have finished. How can I cancel after you have been paid?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Very easy, I'll ask customer service on your behalf to cancel your monthly subscription plan that you have signed up and they will do the needful as I have no control over such matters.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you give me an email address for them?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please contact customer service at following link/ numbers..http://ww2.justanswer.com/helpCall USA:(###) ###-####nited Kingdom - 0***-***-**** Ireland - 1800-760-906Thanks.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome :-)