Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How do I change an ink cartridge in an Epson xp215

how do I change an ink cartridge in an Epson xp215
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Anne and welcomeI have a film that will show you how to do this. You can view it via my link belowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQj8RP7OgqIIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please return to your question here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
xp215.your video was sp2155
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
xp215. your video was not the right printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, no video for that model, but to do it, open it up as peer this imagehttp://esupport.epson-europe.com/~/GetImage.ashx?ID=816&W=So Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.then you can remove the cartridges and put the new ones inLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have managed to change it what now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect, now you can print. The process is completeIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a `button' on the right, with an inverted triangle in a circle, under that is an orange light on continuously.the information panel tells me how to change the cartridge, which I have done. but there is still a red cross on the black cartridge picture and a message `ink cartridges cannot be recognised'. it is definitely the right breed of cartridge.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the power to the printer, wait 5 minutes, plug the power again and tell me if it now allows the cartridges please.Also, you removed the plastic from the cartridges?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, I removed plastic. cartridge now accepted. I am cautiously optimistic that the printer is now obeying me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it was the plastic causing the issue, it is ok now as its being accepted by the printer as you seeIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you