Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a panasonic TX-50CX680B that keeps going into standby

I have a panasonic TX-50CX680B that keeps going into standby when using sky. I have all the standby timers etc switched off. The tv blinks red once every 3 seconds. When just watching normal tv it is fine and does not switch off. My sky sky hdmi cable goes into my LG sounndbar and then a hdmi cable goes from the soundbar into the tv.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried to connect Sky box directly to TV (bypass the soundbar) and check if TV still switches Off?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this and see what happens, think I did this originally last week but will try now and get back to you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...it lasted 35 minutes and has just gone into standby mode again
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK and power light blinks 3 times as well?How old is the TV and is it under warranty?Also, can you try another video source such as DVD/ Bluray player into HDMI input of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, power light blinks only once every 3 seconds.
I have used a Playstaion 4 on it and it has been fine with that, just seems to have a problem with sky.
It may be under warranty, i'll have to check.
Do I need to get someone out do you think?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems TV itself is just fine as it works OK with PS4 and normal TV transmission but gives trouble only with Sky box. I would recommend to try another HDMI input of TV to hook Sky box and if problem persist then ask your service provider to replace the Sky box which will help to resolve the problem.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean exactly by 'try another HDMI input of TV to hook Sky box' ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
If SKY box HDMI cord is plugged into HDMI-1 input of TV, pull it and plug it into HDMI-2 or HDMI-3 input of TV, select that input and check if it helps or problem persist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and thanks. Have tried that and still same. I have read sometimes it can be a sky box issue so i will try and wrangle a replacement out of them and see if that works.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I hope new Sky box will help to resolve the problem. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.