Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I dropped my Kindle and it now doesn't open. A 3/4 page covers

I dropped my Kindle and it now doesn't open. A 3/4 page covers the front page. When switched on words are only displayed on the 1/4 top of the page. Can you help me?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.This can be an usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.Let me know the results pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now displaying the USB Drive Mode in the top 1/4 of the page. 3/4 of the page is the usual cover.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, leave it on the charger for 5 minutes now then repeat the process again.What then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same as before - except the under page has got 'Kindle' heading.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. You will have cracked it when it was dropped I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the Kindle. The warranty wont cover this and repairing it is not possible as the cost for this exceeds the value of a new Kindle. But all your books are safe, and will be available when you set up the new Kindle. I also advise you get a shockproof cover with the next one, they cost about £25 and its worth getting. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It was what I feared. Thanks for your help. Good to know all my books are safe.