Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Unable eject DVD from TV, only loud clattering sound within

Customer Question

unable eject DVD from TV, only loud clattering sound within the set
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL32EX43B
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, rpelug back in and press eject button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try unplugging for 10 mins
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to start again. Realised unplugged wrong power socket to different device (awkward location involving athletic contortions!)
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I hope now correct cord would be unplugged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy. Pressed eject button but still clattering noise like machine gun whilst on screen display says ejecting disk with no result
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, it seems disc mechanism has damaged physically and probably loading gear is broken and causing the clattering noise when loading motor runs to drive the mechanism. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then you would need to replace the disc mechanism to resolve the problem. I can provide you disc unit part number info if you have plan to do-it-yourself and if you are uncomfortable doing it yourself then local TV tech will do it for you.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. Well out of warranty. I do not know how much a replacement disk mechanism/loading gear would cost but this looks to me to be a signal telling me I need a whole new set!
**** rating.
David
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome David, replacement disk mechanism would cost good money so your decision is very good about new replacement TV.Have nice time and thanks for good rating!Shahid.