dantheman2008
dantheman2008, Hobbyist
Experience:  Strip down and repair various Electronic items and components for friends and family.
9224578

I bought an Epson stylus d92 about 10 years ago to use with

I bought an Epson stylus d92 about 10 years ago to use with my acer aspire laptop I had to replace the aspire when it played up. I bought a Compaq to replace it but it did not have a disc compartment,
I have been able to print using control & p but now my printer is not working properly
with a flashing green light and a solid red light which I cant change .
is this printer finished & should I scrap it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dantheman2008 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.I am Daniel, and I will try and assist you with this.Please feel free to ask me any further questions, and kindly rate me once we are done. The red light usually signals a problem with the paper feed mechanism or an empty ink cartridge. Try to find any paper jammed inside the printer, if the printer is fine, then you will need to replace the ink cartridges. I hope this helps. Please get back to me and let me know how you got on.
Hi MichaelHave you managed to try what I suggested yet?If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to me. RegardsDaniel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just replaced all the ink cartridges about a week ago and the Printer was working ok
there is no paper jam anywhere
I tried printing just now and all I got was a load of letters & symbols e.g - [email protected]@@PQDUDPEDUD+n!*
and also multiples of other characters