Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

There, I have a wf-2510 printer and I have been trying to

hi there, I have a wf-2510 printer and I have been trying to set up a wireless connection with my computer and it wouldn't work!!! Please could you help?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there could you help me please set a wireless connection with my printer. I don't seem to be able to connect the printer with my laptop on wifi!! please could you help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my mobile phone number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i dont understand 'service offer'? I have just made the payment of £20. please could you explain what you meant by service offer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anyone there to answer my query please? As my printer is plugged in and I would appreciate it if an expert answered me back to sort out the wireless connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anyone there to answer my query please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, it seems as if am talking to myself on here as i have received no help, which i have been for since 4:30 PM and it is now 6:30PM. Here is my issue which i would appreciate your help to solve for me please:
I have bought a brand new printer: Printer make: EPSON WF-2510.
I would like to connect it wirelessly to my laptop (which is brand new as well)
Laptop make: ASU
Model number: X453MA BL.
This means the problem of not having been able to establish a wireless connection on WIFI between the printer and the laptop are probably linked to my inability to use the right set-up process to do so. I have looked up all I could find with regard to set-up instructions using the printer user guide and the laptop user guide and the websites linked to both devices. I have also kept an eye on the internet connection, which seems to be fine except when I am in the middle of setting up the connection between the printer and the laptop it turns itself off until I catch up with it and click on 'automatic connection'. But I still get the error message which tells me that the limited time (designed for establishing the WIFI connection between the 2 devices) has expired. please can you help me resolve this technical issue? Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I contacted you today at 4:30 pm, and made my payment of £20 in order to help me establish a wireless connection on WIFI between my printer and my laptop so that I can print my assignment. The deadline is tomorrow and I have to sort it out tonight so that I can post it as early as I can tomorrow morning! Printer make: EPSON WF-2510.
Laptop make: ASU. Model number: X453MA BL.
I have looked up all sorts of instructions:  the printer user guide; the laptop user guide; and the websites linked to both devices. But I haven't managed to print my assignment yet. I have kept an eye on the internet connection, which seems to be fine except when I am in the middle of setting up the connection between the printer and the laptop it turns itself off until I catch up with it and click on 'automatic connection'. But I still get an error message which tells me that the limited time (designed for establishing the WIFI connection between the 2 devices) has expired. I am desperate to print my assignment tonight!! please can you help me resolve this technical issue? Many thanks.Kind regards,Customer
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? Or is this a new printer or new computer or new internet modem / router device?What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?What exactly happens when select the wireless / signal icon / button on the printer's screen, then select the option "Wi-Fi Setup Wizard"?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Viet. Thank you for answering me back. it's a new printer and quite new laptop.
You're welcome. Please let me know the followings:1. What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device? (The modem / router was usually given to you previously from your internet service provider.)2. Does your laptop have windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?3. On the printer's screen, select the wireless / signal icon / button, then select the option "Wi-Fi Setup Wizard", then what happens?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sky and Windows 8 as soon as as I try to connect it after about 10 minutes it tells me that there is an error and it has failed to connect!
Thank you. There should a model at the back / bottom of your sky modem / router.Can you please disconnect the power cord from your sky modem / router for about 3 minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, then press the wireless / signal icon / button on the printer, then select the option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name, then let me know what happens.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
OK, let me know if the printer asks for your wi-fi / wireless password ***** passphrase / key. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay! I have just disconnected the power cord from your sky modem as you asked me. on the modem there is the following: 'Manufactured by SaGeMCom (WPS)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from my sky
Thank you. Also, turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then turn it back on, then press the wireless / signal icon / button on the printer, then select the option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name, then let me know what happens.Does the printer ask for your wi-fi / wireless password ***** passphrase / key?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the printer doesn't ask me for a password. all it keeps doing is the wifi signal keeps flashing searching for a connection with my computer and then after a few minutes the error message appears telling me it has failed to connect!
Don't try anything on your computer for now. So on the printer, you do the following:1. Press signal / wireless icon / button.2. Select option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.3. Press OK button.4. Then it keeps flashing searching for a connection, and after a few minutes it says failed to connect on the printer's screen (not on the computer's screen right)?, On the printer's screen, does it see your sky router's wi-fi / wireless network name?Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I have just switched of the printer and unplugged it and plugged it in again
Thank you. Don't try anything on your computer for now. So on the printer (not on the computer), you do the following:1. Press signal / wireless icon / button.2. Select option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard.3. Press OK button.4. Then it keeps flashing searching for a connection, and after a few minutes it says failed to connect on the printer's screen (not on the computer's screen right)?, On the printer's screen, does it see your sky router's wi-fi / wireless network name?Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no on he printer's screen there is no sign of my wireless netwok name
On the printer's screen, you see the option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard right? So after selecting the option Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, what does it show?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I press on the wireless setup button it flashes showing that it is trying to connect to the laptop
After pressing the wireless setup button, press the OK button, then what does it show next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WI-FI flashes for about 10 minutes and then a message on the printer's screen appears saying it has failed to connect
Can you press the screwdriver / wrench icon / button on the printer, then let me know what it shows. Thank you.
Or press the wireless setup button, then press the Right (or Left) arrow button, then let me know what you see. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just flashing with 'setting up...' on the pinter's screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the computer t s now saying it cannot find printer
Do not try anything on the computer for now.- Turn off printer, then turn it back on, then wait a couple of minutes. Then press the wireless setup button, then in about 2 seconds, press the Right (or Left) arrow button, then let me know what you see. Press the arrow buttons a few times as needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do and let you know thank you
You're welcome, OK, thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your patience as well for e I have to be patient as the deadline for my assignment is tomorrow an I have to post it as eary as I can the first thing. i appreciate your help dealing with this issue. i have done exactly what you sked me and on the printer's screen it is saying 'no compter found.check WI-FI device and condition'.
I'm sorry; it is really strange; it's supposed to give you the Wi-Fi Setup option. To confirm, your printer model is WF-2510 right?- Can you please click on the website below, and see the illustrations there?https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/11996/8024Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my printer's model is WF-2510
Can you please click on the website below, and see the illustrations there?https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/11996/8024Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read the instructions following the link and my printer has never asked me to for any WIFI password ***** to type anything n the screen!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure
I'm sorry, it is very strange. It should give the the Wi-Fi Setup option.Press the Menu button (the 3-horizontal bar icon) on printer, does it show anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry as I press the menue button there is no change on the sreen! after I press on the Wi-Fi set up option the Wi-Fi light to the left starts flashing with words on the screen 'setting up...' and a few minutes later, the words on the printer's screen change as I can read 'no comuter found. Check Wi-Fi device and condition'!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
'no computer found' I meant.
I'm sorry, it looks like you may have gotten a bad printer. Maybe you can try with a USB printer cable, if you have one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's strange as the printer is brand new! yes I have a USB printer cable
Can you install the printer's driver / software on the computer, then select option USB connection when prompted? Please let me know. Thank you.
By the way, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the printer's software is already installed, but I don't knowhow to get back to the stage where I can choose USB connection. I remember I saw that earlier just after i had installed the software. I don't know how to get back there. shall I uninstall and then re-install the software? or just run the disc without uninstalling it? what should I do?
Don't uninstall / reinstall. I'm writing the steps; please wait.Also, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry as I haven't tried to copy anything yet as my main focus has been on Wi-Fi set up so that I can print my assignment from the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Put a document or photo faced down on printer's glass, then press the copy option / button on printer, and check.
Please try the following steps:Open Control Panel (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.Right-click on the Epson printer and remove / delete it for now, and confirm. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.Make sure the printer is powered on.Connect the USB printer cable from printer to computer.Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically install.See if you can print anything now.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it is not responding
Sorry, it looks bad. Please see instructions / illustrations at the Epson website below for how to copy:https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf2520/wf2520ug/copying/tasks/wf2512_2540/copying_documents_wf2512_2532.htmlDo you mean the printer is not even able to make a copy itself (not printing from the computer)?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the printer doesn't seem to be copying as I pressed on copy and it didn't respond though it s powered!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I is saying on the printer's screen 'make sure installer program on the computer is ready to set up'. Does that mean the printer's software is not installed properly?
No, it does not matter if you have installed or have not installed the printer's software on the computer. Copying does not require a computer. Only printing requires the computer.I'm sorry. I'm afraid you got a bad new printer as it cannot even copy. But can you make sure the ink cartridges are installed correct; see instructions / illustrations at website below (ignore the instructions about the options on printer's screen):https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wf2520/wf2520ug/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/wf2512_2540/removing_installing_cartridges_wf2512_2540.html, then see if you can copy.- If it does not copy, try the following any way, and see what happens:Open Control Panel (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.Right-click on the Epson printer and remove / delete it for now, and confirm. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.Make sure the printer is powered on.Connect the USB printer cable from printer to computer.Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically install.See if you can print anything now.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will do thank you
You're welcome. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Viet, the printer is not responding and this means there must be something wrong with the printer! I appreciate your help though.
I'm sorry about that. If you get a another new printer, after setting it up, make sure you can make a copy first before installing the printer's driver / software CD disk on the computer. If the printer cannot make a copy by itself, it will not print either.Do you need anything else for now? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You couldn't have done more! I have deleted the printer and anything linked to it, and started using USB cable, and no response! Thank you for your help. I will have to replace this printer if I can find the receipt. thanks a lot Viet.
You're welcome. You should be able to return the printer to the store, but if for some reason, you cannot, then you can contact Epson for warranty replacement. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I am going to give you a good rate for your help. thanks again for your help Viet.
You're welcome. Make sure to click on a service option at the top of this web page, then click on Submit on the right. Thank you.
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
If needed, please click on the website below for Epson contact information:https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/6Thank you.