nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My mobile signal has stopped working about a month ago. I have

my mobile signal has stopped working about a month ago. I have switched on and off, toggled airplane mode on and off, factory reset, changed sim, tried sim in another phone & it works. I have not dropped the phone etc I cannot work out why and I cannot afford another phone. I am on ee - there is no problem with them. I have been into some diagnostic boards and all seem ok (I've been careful not to change anything) .. Please help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 12 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Are you able to search for available networks from your phone?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes .. I can search networks but it won't let me connect to them and it won't connect automatically. Thank you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
When I click into one or any of the available networks it say ls 'registering' for a millisecond and then 'unable to connect, try later'
Which phone are you using?
In Mobile Networks, set Network mode as WCDMA only and restart your phone. After restarting, again search for network and try selecting the network
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm using a Samsung s6. The only network modes it will allow me to choose are 2g/3g/4g or 2g/3g or 3g only ... Its automatically on the 2g/3g/4g one .. so I changed it to the others and restarted and tried to select network but its doing the same. Thank you.
Try booting the phone in safe mode and check for networks.For that, you need to power off your phone.Press and hold volume down button AND the power button. Once screen lights up, you can release power button. But you should NOT release the volume down button. Hold the volume down button until you get the lock screen
If the network issue is still there, then Go to Settings and then About Phone. Here you would be able to check the Baseband and IMEI version. Do you see ‘Unknown’ here?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi .. I have opened in safe mode and same issue with the network. I checked about device and both Baseband and Imei are showing with numbers and letters. Neither say 'unknown'.
Have you tried any other sim on your phone.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes - this is the replacement sim I am using - the old one I tried in another phone and it worked fine.
Have you activated the replacement sim? As both sims cannot work simultaneously.
You can activate your new sim here. CLICK HERE TO ACTIVATE
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ahh No I hadn't .. I have just activated it .. thank you .. it says it may take a while. I will let you know if it doesn't work.
Nikki, It will work now. And your old one will stop working. It will take 2-4 hours. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thank you.Regards Nathan.
Niki you need to click the stars present on the upper panel to rate the chat. If you face any difficulty then reply for further assistance.
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It has not resolved the issue & wouldn't explain why it happened in the first place.The old sim has now stopped working but the new one is not working. It does say some different messages and looks like it is registering but then it continues to tell me there is no mobile signal. I will try some of the above again. The people I brought it from have come back to me to say I can return it, but it feels like it must be a simple issue it's a shame it can't be resolved. Anyway your help was very much appreciated. Thank you.
It is just network issue. Give it a few hours and it will be resolved. There is nothing wrong with your cellphone. Thanks for the ratings Niki. Have a good day.