Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic SC‑HTB550 Speaker System main unit stooped working.

Customer Question

Panasonic SC‑HTB550 Speaker System main unit stooped working. Where can I get it repaired?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.Proper repair would be done in Panasonic service center, question page shows you're in UK so please click following link to locate Panasonic service center nearby to get repair estimate info which will help to make decision..http://panasonic.eu/ServiceCenter/en_GB/index_uk.htmlI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was expecting amore questions about the unit and information if there is a reset button etc.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, sound system symptoms indicate failure of power amplifier section as one or more sound output chips would have become defective and causing the protection circuit activation which shuts off the main unit to avoid any further damage and speakers etc. It needs further and detailed troubleshooting inside main unit to figure out bad amp chips to get them replaced and it would need very good soldering work with proper soldering tools and expertise that is why I recommend Panasonic service center to send the unit in as they would equipped with tools and skills and replacement spare parts of sound system.I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that is what I was thinking, that it was the power unit.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome Tony, I wish if there was an easy or quick fix available for the problem in sound system but it is hardware related issue that needs defective parts replacement to get it resolved.please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.Shahid.