Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I would like to purchase a CL7400 Amplify Headphones as

I would like to purchase a CL7400 Amplify Headphones as I would like my Mother to hear the TV sound at high volume while I watch it at normal volume.
I have a JVC LT-32C650 television. It does not have RCA sockets. It has SPDIF and Scart. Currently the SCART is attached to the SCART on the DVD. We do use the DVD player.
1. Is it possible to set up the headphones to hear the TV and DVD player?
2. The DVD is not essential. How would I connect the headphones to the TV? - ie which connectors/adapters/cables do I need for SCART RCA?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeI am checking the model and it should have headphone ports on it on the back right under the USB portLike in this picturehttp://ge.tt/6DQ5rEZ2Its the port with number 10 next to it.Can you locate this on the back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can see port number 10. That is not the question.
When I plug headphones into here the TV sound switches off and only the person wearing the headphones can hear the sound.
I want 1 person wearing headphones to hear sound at loud volume AND 2nd person watch the same TV programme at normal volume without headphones.
When I logged this call I thought I was talking to a Geemarc technical support line - is this the case?
Maureen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Maureen, if you wish to have simultaneous sound then you use a Coax adapter with a 3.5mm adapter on it.This is the adapterhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-DAC-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0038M3ID8Then this adapter to connect the headphones to itClick me to openWith this you can hear sound from the TV and from the headphones at the same time as the adapter will not interfere with the TV's speakers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much. So I would then plug the red & white cables from the headphones into the converter and the converter into the SPDIF socket on the TV and leave the Scart cable attached from TV to DVD alone?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct, this solution does not effect or involve the Scart connection at all.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I would also need to purchase a cable from the converter to the SPDIF socket. What does this cable look like please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, its also on the link I gave you, as this is what the headphones plug into.The headphones into the cable, the cable into the adapter and the adapter into the TV.I repeated both links here againhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-DAC-Digital-Analogue-Converter/dp/B0038M3ID8 CLICK ME TO OPEN FOR 2ND LINK These are the two links and products you need
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - I did not understand. I do now. Thank you very much for your help.
Maureen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.You need following cable to connect SPDIF sockets of TV and converter device..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPDIF-Digital-Coaxial-Performance/dp/B00HWUFWA4/ref=pd_sim_23_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=41LonT5lJ3L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=14ER5FMQ9NYXG0ZECQ05Thanks.