Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Can you please assist me. I have been blocked from my msn.com

Customer Question

Can you please assist me. I have been blocked from my msn.com account
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the message you get when you try to sign into your account now please? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It looks like someone else might be using your account
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, but it still will give you the option to sign in. What happens when you do?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I get this message, then it offers to send a code to an old phone number I used to have. I have to choose to fill out an online form, and microsoft will not accept the information I provide. after all that, they blocked my account
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Ok, to check, as its important and worth doing, can you call the old phone number and see if someone picks up, ask them they will receive a code, and we can then do the process togetherLet me know please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it is an old number from my previous employer in Dubai
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok... so your not prepared to try and ring it? Else the alternative is you lose access to the account Iain, so I really think it is worth a try
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying now
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No answer, but they are 9 hours ahead of us right now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the latest email I have from microsoft is telling me to open a new account, and that my previous account is now blocked
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, the only option then is to get hold of them, then do the password ***** procedure and it would then be sent to their phone as its their phone in the system.Once received, they give it to you and you enter it in and you can then reset the password.Its the only option as if Microsoft have rejected the requested, you would have to start a new account (which you can do here)And thats why I want you to try to get hold of the person with your old number as its your only option left.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want to start a new account. all my information is contained in my old account, this is the question I need resolution on, not opening a new account. I need to have microsoft recognise me as the original owner and restore my access
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the message I am now receiving:
Your security is important to us
Recently, we received several requests to gain access to***@******.***. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership using the information that was provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and our careful account recovery process is intended to protect you from any possible malicious activity.Now what?
Because there have been multiple unsuccessful recovery attempts for this account, we recommend at this point that you create a new account. It's quick and easy, and we have tools to help you import contacts, connect with Facebook, and even receive messages from multiple email accounts.> Open a new accountWith a new account, you’ll be able to use the following services across all of your devices:
•Best-in-class email with unlimited storage at lightning speed and serious security.
•Stay connected with friends and family, see social updates and chat with Facebook friends, and make ordinary moments memorable with video calls.
•Free online storage for thousands of docs and photos, shared your way.Don’t get locked out again
Once you create a new account, we highly recommend you update your password ***** information with a phone number or alternate email address. This will make it easier for you to gain access to your account in the future if you are locked out again.> Open a new accountThank youMicrosoft Support TeamMicrosoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
USA
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I understand you do not wish to open an account, but as I just sadi Iian,the only option then is to get hold of them, then do the password ***** procedure and it would then be sent to their phone as its their phone in the system.Once received, they give it to you and you enter it in and you can then reset the password.Else you have to open a new account. These are the only two options you have.Please understand I am not making it difficult for you, I am only telling you the reality of the situation your in. These are the issues you get into when you do not keep your account details up to date and use a free email service such as Hotmail.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well, my account details were perfectly up to date. On my surface pro the number is ***** *********** but when I tried to open my email on my HTC the system told me to enter the code THEY sent to the OLD number 00971561776151. so my account WAS up to date, but microsoft was not following.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
If its giving the old phone number, they were not sorry as it has the old number in it.But Iian I can only tell you the options you have
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then this does not resolve my issue
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
but you have not tried to contact the person with your old phone number yet, you need to give that a proper attempt please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
then I will call again
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** said this is the ONLY option you have, so if it really is important, it is worth doing properly please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, but the phone is switched off right now, and will not be on (I suspect until 09:00hrs Dubai time)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
will the account be reactivated if I can get this number, because at the moment it is down to microsoft and their flawed decision making process, and as you know. the account is blocked
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, then please try then, and let me know the results.If you get hold of him and he / she will work with you, we can run the password ***** they give you the code to enter and you can reset your password.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, how do I contact you? same route?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Correct Iian,The message will come directly to me. But if you get them to work with you on it, you will get access back to your account.I will mark this question to not close, so you can reply here at any timeIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service (and not microsoft) for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I will contact you tomorrow.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
There is no answer from the phone as you suggested, but microsoft have accepted my online form.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
So you have been able to reset the password ***** the form now they have accepted it?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, they accepted the form this morning after repeated attempts with different information
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, then I now advise you update your cell phone and also add a secondary email address in the event there is an issue with your cell phone.You can follow the instructions here to do thishttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/account-security-password-informationIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry mate, after my experience with microsoft, I am reluctant to go near the phone, never mind add my email to it. That is the end for me. I am touching nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, but if you lose the password ***** in the same situation again...But of course this is up to you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Richard, although your advice might have proved valuable if it had worked, I have to admit that in the end it was my submission of the form again and again which proved successful
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have set up a forwarding rule to ensure I have copies of everything in another account
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok no problem, though 99% of the customers if asked to fill in the form yet again, go crazy and get pretty hostile.But if you do not wish to do the rating which stops me receiving anything, thats up to you of course.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry Richard, but in this case microsoft responded quicker. had my old number not been 9 hours away, I am sure your solution would have worked.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
As I said, its up to you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Richard, as you said, it is up to me, and as we agreed, the issue was not resolved by your intervention, therefore I reserve my right as you have pointed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Iain, why are you still responding?Please stop, your not going to rate me, I told you its up to you, but yet you keep messaging me to tell me this. I get it.... no need to keep messaging me again and again about this please as everytime you message me I have to reply.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Richard, I am replying to messages sent to me. If you can stop them I would appreciate this.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I sent no message, check here and you will see. As I said, the matter is closed, you have access to your account, I do not see the reason in you messaging me yet again, telling me your not going to rate me, I understood it the first timethanks