Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Sharp tv and it has been fine until now. The sound

I have a Sharp tv and it has been fine until now. The sound goes off after a few hours, so I switch off the tv leave it a while and then switch it back on...yay! the sound comes back...oh no it only lasts a few minutes and off again. Please help.
I have unplugged from wall socket but no it hasnr helped.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep checking how long before I get an answer and each time it's 8 minutes . That was an hour ago!!!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, the model no. Is LC 32SH130K
The sky go box and DVD player.
It is the tv where the sound goes off from. Yes the problem occurs on all input sources.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- So problem occurs regardless of what video input of TV is being used, like HDMI or Scart or AV etc, is this correct?- How old is it and how long it have had the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and about 4 years old
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, this kind of problem occurs due to failing sound processor chip, its number would be TPA3113D2 and replacement of sound amp chip will help to resolve the problem. I'm sorry it is not any reset or wrong setting problem but hardware related failure, chip replacement on circuit board would require proper soldering tools and good expertise. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That has been helpful.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, I wish there was an quick or easy fix available for sound problem in TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.