Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung tv is flickering

Customer Question

My Samsung tv is flickering
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DL52900147634 ue40f6340ssxzg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xbox dvd player and Virginia box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- Does the picture flicker regardless of what video source is being played on TV?- Can you provide bit more details of 'flicker', is the entire screen/ picture flicker or part/ section of screen flicker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is all just flickering
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so picture flickers on entire screen and no matter what video source is being played.- How old is the TV and is it still under warranty?- Also, press menu button on TV or its remote, do the menu screen graphics also flicker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only got it today
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Does it flicker like strobe light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Does screen flicker like strobe light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you can see picture but it is just flickering
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is there another TV available nearby to see if it displays normal/ flicker free picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that tv is fine
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK Daljit, please unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset the TV, replug back in, turn it On and check.If problem persist then unfortunately it seems backlight system in TV is causing the problem and possible cause would be one or two failing LEDs inside screen the reason of flickering. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. Any other attempt to fix the issue would need to take off back cover of TV that would void the warranty. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daljit, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!Please reply back here if there is additional questions.Thank you.