nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My garmin s2 approach is showing 6 hours late and cant pick

my garmin s2 approach is showing 6 hours late and cant pick up satellite signal. it worked fine on my first 3 rounds of golf .how do l reset to first time usage ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi William. Welcome to justanswer.Try resetting the device.Power the Approach off (Press and hold LIGHT/POWER button until device powers off)Press and hold DOWNPress LIGHT/POWERRelease DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?Select Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that solution at least 30 times. It doesn't work. What else can I try
Are you able to factory reset your device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great
The steps I gave you above were for hard reset.Power off devicePress and hold Down and Light/Power button simultaneously.Release all buttons when the screen displays "Clear user data?"Select Yes
After that try to update your Approach:Connect the Approach to the computerDownload Garmin Express from hereLaunch Garmin ExpressFollow onscreen instructions to update device firmware and/or mappingWhenever disconnecting the device:If using a PC, Navigate to (My) ComputerIf using a MAC, Navigate to the DesktopRight-click on the device drive/volumeSelect EjectWait for the device to dismount (approximately 30 seconds)Unplug device
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there William, I accepted your request for a phone call.It is 7am for you now, so may be a little early to call, so please let me know when to call you (send a message here) and I will do so right awayThank you
Thanks William for the 5-star ratings. Cheers! Have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry but both your suggestions don't work. What else could you recommend trying ?
Is it picking any signal after the hard reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, only the time which is 6 hours behind and the date which is correct. It tries to seek the satellites but reverts to time after only 3 or 4 mils
Have you tried setting the time manually?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it sets manually with no problem but still wont pick up the signal
There is some malfunction in the watch's receiver signal because of which it is not picking any signal and also not updating the time automatically. Did you drop your watch or used it under water?You have done all the troubleshooting and now dissembling the watch is required to inspect the exact fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not dropped it or got it wet so I suppose the only thing to do now is return it to supplier as it should still be under warranty. However many thanks for your efforts to solve the problem and if I ever require any help in the future I know who to contact.
That is the best option to do right now. Return it as its receiving antenna is faulty. Yes you can use our service whenever you need any assistance. Thanks William for the ratings. Cheers.