nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

HP 550-153na Wish to change from windows 10 to version 8.1. Bios

HP 550-153na
Wish to change from windows 10 to version 8.1.
Bios will not let change the setting from ahci to ide, can you help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 8 months ago.
Hi Derek. Welcome to justanswer.You don't need to go to BIOS for downgrading your OS. You can do it from Settings.Go to the main Settings menu in Windows 10, click “Recovery,” then click “Go back to Windows 8.1.” Follow the on-screen instructions.This option is only available for the first month after upgrading.Reply if you have any difficulty.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have followed your instructions getting nowhere.
This machine i have had for 3 weeks and has never had windows 8.1 on it, but wish to do so .
at recovery i have 2 choices (A) get started or (B) advance start up, in Advance start up there are 4 choices, Continue to win 10, use a device, trouble shoot, or turn off pc.
selected (B) 6 choices have tried all the options nothing happenned (have 8.1 disc in drive).OR Reset this pc, choose an option (A) keep my files, remove apps and settings etc. (B) Remove eveything, remove all files etc and settings, I have not tried these last two options, Can you please advise.
Many thanks Derek.R
I gave you this procedure considering you have ungraded from windows 8.1 to 10. But as you have not, then you require Windows 8's installation disc.
Restart your system (with Windows 8's CD in the drive) and look for the message that’ll read something like “ESC= Boot Menu". Press the button which says Boot Menu.You’ll then see a menu that will list all of the bootable devices to choose from. Use the arrow keys to select the one which corresponds to the media you just put in and then press Enter. Then follow the installation wizard, ensuring to select a custom install if prompted – this means you want to do a completely fresh install. You’ll be asked for your product license key, which can be found on the installation media (if Windows was purchased separately), or usually on a sticker on the device or with the PC’s documentation (if Windows came with the machine).
Hi Derek, Were you able to install Windows 8 on your system?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did manage to get win 8 on, but this machine went on a wobbley and I have spent hours to get back to win 10, had to use my own as it does not connect to to the recovery part of drive.
So I am at the moment having to completely re install all of my software.
Many thanks for your time
Derek
Oh! That must be quite troubling. I hope I was able to help you.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.Regards Nathan.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nathan
I have kept your instructions and may try again in near future !!
I do not know what went wrong but it took hours to configure how to get it to respond, managed it but not really sure how, I had to use my own win10 software as it would not recover from within the recovery mode in fact it does not show itself as being there but it is the software installed to do backup to an independant drive shows its there.
Another weird situation I can back up to my portable drive but it will not reinstall the recovery, I am useing Aomei Backup/recovery Ver 3.2 It is a free version and I have never had any trouble with this.
If you have any idea's let me know as I would still prefer win 8.1.but I have to put on hold for a week as I have a backlog of things to catchup on.
Any way thanks for your patience
Best regards Derek
Hi Derek,You can try one more time as the procedure is same. The recovery mode of Windows gets overwritten once you format the system i.e. when you install a new Operating system. There maybe a glitch in Aomei. Try downloading a new version and see if it works.You have not rated the chat. Do not forget to rate as I will not get credited for the same. Thanks is anticipation.Regards Nathan
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.