Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung tablet (GT-P3110) and I cannot upload my photos

I have a Samsung tablet (GT-P3110) and I cannot upload my photos to a desktop. Can you help please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please what goes wrong when you try to upload the photos to your desktop?Are you getting a specific error Jim?Please let me know
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, my desktop does not seem to know the Samsung device is attached!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Are you using a windows or mac computer and which version?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows - an HP Pavillon
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, but which version of windows Jim? Windows 7 / 8 / 10? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its windows 10 and I do not wish to accept your offer.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
no problem, as I indicated its optional.Press the windows key + EIn the new window, click on This PCTell me what is listed on the right when you click on it, such as C Drive ect
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Quick access/One drive/This PC-Desktop-Documents-Downloads-Music-Pictures-Videos-Windows(C:)-Recovery(D:)/Network
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Can you plug it into a different USB port on the computer and tell me please if it then shows up as a drive.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No change
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, on the Tablet, while it is connected to the computer, go to Settings, Applications Manager, Swipe to the list AllLocate in that listGoogle Services frameworkPress it and press clear data.When you do this, wait a minute and tell me if it is then detected please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cannot see "All"
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but I have a list off applications (downloaded)
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
you need to swipe to it when you go to Settings, Applications Manager.Then you swipe with your finger to the list All
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got it!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now what?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
, on the Tablet, while it is connected to the computer, go to Settings, Applications Manager, Swipe to the list AllLocate in that listGoogle Services frameworkPress it and press clear data.When you do this, wait a minute and tell me if it is then detected please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No - the Samsung device is still not detected on my laptop.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Connect it to a different computer and tell me if that computer detects it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have another computer!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Then we will need to reset the Tablet. this will remove all data from the tablet and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided.If you wish to backup your photos, install the app Dropbox on the Tablet and it can backup the photos onlineOnce done, go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset.Let this complete, setup the Tablet again and tell me if it now connects please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK that will take some time. I wish to end this session now and I will rate you at the top!
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok thank you Jim
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to state that I am not satisfied as my problem has not been solved as per your guarantee. Therefore I do not expect to be charged as my problem still exsists. Thankyou.