Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a sumsung s6 edge plus.....three days ago I had a system

I have a sumsung s6 edge plus.....three days ago I had a system upgrade sent to me...now I can only connect to the internet in wi fi.....mobile data does not work, even though the icon is lit up.....I have had the configerations sent from my provider but nothing works...get a message sent to me saying I have no connection
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat is the exact error you get Paul when it fails to connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when not in wi fi area, if i try face book for example and try to check in it says no connection available....when I goto e mail it says no network connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
says mobile data is disabled.....but the icon shows its on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you go to settings, Applications Manager, Swipe to the list ALLLocate Google Services Framework, press it and press Clear Data, if you do not see Clear Data, press Storage, then Clear Data.Once done, restart the phone and tell me if it now connects to the mobile network please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see the one that says google app......google +,.....google play services.....but not one that says google services framework
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to swipe to the list ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a list,,,and there are 9 applications that start with the word google
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it is there Paul, 100%, under the list All, Google Services Framework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
struggling a bit here...i go to settings...then on the s6 plus edge....I have to click on applications.....then at the top of the screen I have to click on application manager.......then I get a large list of applications...9 of the start with the word google
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but you then need to SWIPE the the list ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I swipe and get apps edge.......but message on the top says access most frequent used apps...google aint there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
keep swiping, to the list all Paul
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok first swipe comes up people edge...second swipe tasks edge,,,,next swipe yahoo news..says network not available...next swipe edge panels...next swipe back to the first page
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I really am not sure what your doing Paul, but it is not the instructions I am giving.... Your mis reading steps along the wayIf you cannot do my instructions, then you will have to reset the phone.This will remove all data and return it to new, so backup your files firstThen go to Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory ResetComplete this, setup the phone again and tell me if it now connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ah....I have to press the more at the top right hand corner...that's where the all is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now found google services framework
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you can also swipe to it, but let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now restarting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
re started.....same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we need to move onto the resetThis will remove all data and return it to new, so backup your files firstThen go to Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory ResetComplete this, setup the phone again and tell me if it now connects please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it now asking for my google account password....and saying wrong password......my goodness....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you need to enter in the correct password ***** can you enter in this Paul
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should it automatically turn the wi fi on when this happens...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, not till you sign in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when put password ***** reset factory settings....then wifi on...but started to download Microsoft excel on its own accord
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you signed in it will remember the wifi password ***** connect to a known one, so thats ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so that means password ***** be correct...but it is just showing the download of excel...I take it I have to wait till this stops...before anything else will happen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
let it complete as it will be downloading your apps again, it may also be doing it over the mobile network.then when its done, tell me how it now operates please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
says gonna be 15 mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let it complete please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry Richard....it aint doing any thing......I am going to have to leave it....I cant remember my google password,,,never use it ,,,,it wont even factory reset....when it asks for password ***** factory reset...it just goes to the name of my wifi...and connects...then absolutely nothing happens....feel like throwing it at the wall
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its the mainboard thats faulting, it explains the mobile network issue as well as why its behaving like this.How old is the phone Paul?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 months
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIt will be the mainboard, its the only cause that can rtesult in all these issues, the phone will also still be under warranty I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome PaulIf you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service ratingThank youRichard
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer