Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Thomson 27LCDB03B television purchased about 10 years

We have a Thomson 27LCDB03B television purchased about 10 years ago. It is analogue only so operates via a Thomson digital TV recorder.
Recently it has become difficult to 'start' the tv. It is switched off rather than left on standby and when you first power up, you get either a multi coloured mosaic picture or green blocks or even no picture at all, sometimes with sound and sometimes without so we have to switch it off then on again many times until we get the signal from the dvr displayed.
Can this be fixed?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.This kind of problem occurs due to failing capacitors or devalued resistors on power supply board of TV, either replacement of bad parts (capacitors, resistors etc) on power supply board or entire power board will help to resolve the issue, this kind of work should be done by qualified person to avoid any damage to TV or electric shock and you can expect 60 to 80 Pounds repair cost from local TV repair shop.I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective part/board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.