Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Panasonic DMR-EX83 has suddenly stopped working it comes

My Panasonic DMR-EX83 has suddenly stopped working it comes up as incompatible tv system. It has worked before.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the player (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The same thing happened again incompatible tv system . I am not prepared to pay another £20 . It is very expensive anyway.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
There is no need to pay anything further JulietCan you while the recorder is powered on, open the flap at the front and hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds then release.This will reset the recorder. Then follow the onscreen steps to set it up again and tell me how it now functions please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please can you answer my question as soon as possible. I have friends coming round to watch the DVD and it still says incompatible tv system.
Juliet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I just did Juliet, can you please do the instructions...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still says the same thing
Juliet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Did it actually perform the reset?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I can't get anything on the screen. Please tell me how to set it up again. I think it is locked now.Juliet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
while the recorder is powered on, open the flap at the front and hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds then release.This will reset the recorder. Then follow the onscreen steps to set it up again and tell me how it now functions please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It just says incompatible tv system. When I push the play button it says no play. I have tried another DVD and it works. Why does it only work on some DVDs?
Juliet
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, but Juliet, did it Reset, I really need to know if you were able to do my instructions or not?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I pressed the channel buttons for 6 seconds and reset the recorder. Maybe I am not doing it right?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
If it reset then you did it correctlyIt confirms the issue which is the internal memory that has faulted, its not operating correctly as it cannot read from the memory. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer