Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Viera TH-42PX88 television. I need to connect a laptop

I have a Viera TH-42PX88 television. I need to connect a laptop using an HDMI cable. What settings should I use?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Have you tried any other video device such as DVD/ Bluray player or PS3 gaming etc to HDMI input of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid. I have no problem with connecting a DVD, CD or Video player. These are permanently connected.I have tried connecting an HDMI cable between the laptop and the HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 sockets on the TV and changed the settings to AV1, AV2, AV3, Component, etc but I can't get a signal to the TV.It occurs to me that I should check the output on the laptop as well as the input on the TV. What do you think?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, first we need to verify HDMI input of TV by connecting any other working video source, if TV displays picture then need to verify laptop on another TV HDMI input.Also try to label HDMI input in TV menu..Press Menu button on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Setup and select Input Labels, select HDMI Input and select a label (options would be available there), this will enable the HDMI input in TV so it will get video and control signals of laptop. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
To add more info, are you able to select HDMI input in source list that appears when press Input button on TV or its remote?If HDMI inputs are grayed out/ disabled then enable them by going into Input Label option as mentioned in previous reply and connect laptop in TV, select the HDMI input and TV should display picture.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid I've tried all that you suggested but I still don't have a connection. I can't spend any more time on it just now, but thanks for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, we can continue troubleshooting at later, in your convenient time so post back when you're available to proceed.Thanks.