*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Galaxy s6 Edge is frozen at wipe data after doing a hard reset/factory

Galaxy s6 Edge is frozen at wipe data after doing a hard reset/factory restore. Has been unresponsive for 5 hours.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try this please. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds then let me know what is on the screen please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power button does nothing. I'm well beyond this point... Used power, home and volume up for hard reset. Used both volume buttons and power and home to get out of reset frozen state....
okay, did the reset compete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep, got it to complete but the phone is now in a cycle of reboots with no completion. Gets to Galaxy edge screen and then restarts over and over...
okay, see if you can Turn on safe modeTurn the device off.Press and hold the Power key.When 'Samsung Galaxy S 6' appears on the screen, release the Power key.Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After multiple attempts I got it into safe mode, booted up and started up in 'new phone' mode, after selecting network and wireless it kicked me out against n and went back into boot cycles...
okay, that does not sound good. The firmware is most likely permanently corrupted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking that way. I guess back to Samsung is only way... I just don't understand why it started randomly boot cycling... Never had a problem with phone before.
yes unfortunately that will be the best option,sorry about that.