Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have recently bought a Sony smart TV and first 3-4

I have recently bought a Sony smart TV and for the first 3-4 weeks was able to screen mirror from my Tab 3. Without any warning it is now not possible to connect with the Tab 3 but will with my Samsung A3 phone indicating that there is not a problem with the TV. Any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeOn the Tab 3 turn off Wifi (go to Settings, Wifi)Once off, turn it back on and try to screen mirrorTell me if it now works please.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not at home at the moment, so not able to but I have tried that already.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok.... can you let me know when you are at home please and what you have already tried.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not at home until 6.30 this evening and I have switched the appliance totally off and back on again and the wifi on and off.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, when you hoe go to Settings, Applications on the Tab 3Then go to the list ALL and select Google Services Framework.Press it press Clear Data, restart the Tab and tell me if it then mirrors please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how will I find you again once I'm at home?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
via this website, I have marked the question to never close, so any issues, you can just let me know here. If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried what you suggested without any luck. Any other possibilities?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
What happens when it fails to connect?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It goes through the process in the normal way initially by locating the device and trying to connect with a visual of tablet and TV and after a few seconds instead of the message "connected to device" it comes up with the message "failed to connect to device".
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank youCan you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have followed the instructions without success. It is not a problem with the TV as my Samsung phone will connect.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
whats the make and model of the wifi router?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It was provided by Sky. Not sure of any other details of it until I get home.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, have you powered it off, left it for 5 minutes, powered it on and tried to mirror?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes I have.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, tell me when you know the make and model of it please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will do.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The manufacturer is Sky and the model is SR102
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
thanksOn the back of it is a reset button. Using a paperclip, push and hold the button in for 10 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes, restart the Tab 3 and tell me if it then mirrors please.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the iPhone still turning on?Please let me know
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
please ignore the last message
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still saying failed to connect via screen mirroring
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, you will now have to reset the Tab. This will remove all data and return it to new so please backup any data you wish to keep first.Then go to Settings, Backup & Restore, Factory Reset.Complete this and when done, setup the Tab again and tell me if it now mirrors please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've done a factory reset and screen mirroring is now active again, thank you. Does that suggest that I downloaded some sort of gremlin or the Tab 3 had just lost the info.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
The Tab 3 either had a conflicting app or the firmware was corrupted.Whenever you install an app, always test the mirroring to ensure it is still working.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks.