Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My old printer (EPSON STYLUS CX3200) will only put out blank

Customer Question

My old printer (EPSON STYLUS CX3200) will only put out blank paper. It has plenty of ink and makes appropriate printing noises. I had not used it for several weeks, but it was working perfectly. When switched on, it gave a paper jam error message, which I have checked, No jammed paper. I have tried head cleaning to no avail. I hope you can help.
Margaret.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, still blank paper
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksWhat steps did you take to do the head cleaning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replied but seem to have lost you. I followed the instructions on the printer to clean the head.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank yourun it three time again as it can take a few goes to clean it and tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned the head three times but it is still only putting out blank paper.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you change the ink in the printer and tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have changed both of the cartridges, the correct pictures/writing is now appearing on the paper however it all appears to be in colour, there is no black where there should be, and the pictures are being printed with stripes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal printer head that has faulted, we have ruled out everything else I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would it cost to fix, the warranty has expired?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If the warranty has expired I advise against a repair, it is cheaper in the long run to purchase a replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the advice I will take it into account when going over each choice I have, thank you very much for your help and is there any way that I can get the £13 back?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you mean your now not wanting to pay for the work I did for you??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just asking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.