Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My LUMIX camera. SZ 8 , has apparently jammed. The lens is

My LUMIX camera. SZ 8 , has apparently jammed. The lens is not returning to the off position and none of the controls are responding
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try this first please> Remove the batteries, then press and hold the power and menu button for 20 seconds. Then reinsert new batteries and press the power button to power on normally.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. This 'solution ' did not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you power on the camera, is it still powering on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Nothing is happening. The camera was on and we were taking photographs when it just stopped working. The lens did not retract.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, turn it upside down and put it on something that vibrates, like hair clippers or an electric razor.Then turn it on and off up to ten times to see if we can get any jamming in the gearing for the Lens unstuck.Let me know if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , no luck . Tried vibration proposal with shaver.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. We have now ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer